Independent Respiratory Services (IRS) is the leader in providing sleep apnea and home oxygen therapy solutions across British Columbia, with over 40 service locations from Vancouver Island to the Rocky Mountains. We believe in providing exceptional health care service with the highest standards of honesty and integrity. Our success and growth as a company is reflected in the satisfaction of our clients.
As part of a multidisciplinary team with our community partners, the Respiratory Therapist assesses and provides therapy for respiratory disorders with associated technologies, such as continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) equipment and oxygen therapy. This role includes advocating on behalf of clients with funding, community and outreach resources, along with providing respiratory education to the community.
The qualifications we seek:
- A confident and outgoing health care professional that works effectively on a team and independently.
- A RRT designation is preferred, or progress towards this designation. Designations as a RPSGT, RN, LPN or similar qualifications will also be given consideration for a similar position.
- Commitment to an exceptional level of customer service.
- A high level of both written and verbal communication ability.
- Effective computer skills, including experience with using Microsoft Office applications.
- Willingness to learn and remain current with industry trends and professional development.
- A valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel extensively within the West Kootenays
- Strong leadership skills.
- Marketing experience.
- Ability to perform occasional on-call duties.
- Previous homecare experience is considered an asset.
If you are interested in an exciting respiratory services career with a talented team of professionals dedicated to improving the quality of life for our clients, we highly encourage you to apply. IRS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, along with support for work/life balance and career development.
Interested in joining the IRS team? Qualified individuals are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume through our Online Career Application from by clicking the button below or by email to:
Please reference the competition # in your application. Competition closes August 31st, 2017.