We are seeking a Business Development Representative to work in our Northern BC Region. As a key member of the IRS team you will foster and develop potential new business while maintaining existing growth markets. Educate healthcare providers and the public about our services. Promote and implement marketing initiatives as well as forecast and achieve territory market growth goals. The successful candidate will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop strong and effective relationships.
Our Mission at Independent Respiratory Services (IRS)
To provide our clients with Unsurpassed Service and Lifelong Support. We strive to provide this with exceptional service and the utmost standard of integrity. IRS is the leader in providing sleep apnea and home oxygen therapy solutions across British Columbia, with over 25 service locations from Vancouver Island to the Rocky Mountains.
IRS is a Canadian home healthcare subsidiary of Air Liquide (ALC), the world leader in gases, medical technologies and services for Industry and Healthcare.
The Territory Sales Representative is responsible for growing IRS/ALC sleep apnea businesses, home oxygen patient base, and medical device sales by promoting our services and products to healthcare facilities, physicians and the related medical community.
- Committed to contributing towards a safe work environment by obeying safety rules, working and encouraging others to perform in a safe manner always. Reports unsafe occurrences and practices.
- Promotes and differentiates our services and products to Healthcare Providers in their region through the identification of customer needs. Gains referrals by visiting and cultivating relationships with key referral sources to position ALC brands as the service providers of choice.
- Manages territory and measures impact of efforts through effective territory analysis.
- Identifies and prioritizes business opportunities and develops territory plans annually through an in-depth knowledge of the territory, the market and the competition.
- Maintains competitive edge by remaining current on industry trends, market activities and competitors. Communicates information on industry and clinical information to co-workers.
- Collaborates and communicates with branch staff on feedback from referral sources on delivery of services.
- Collaborates with all internal stakeholders including marketing and local branch operations teams to ensure consistency of strategic message.
- Responsible for identifying, participating in and coordinating initiatives aligned with business exposure and business opportunities. Actively participates in conferences and tradeshows by coordinating, attending, exhibiting and networking.
- Maintains Professional and Technical knowledge by actively learning.
- Conducts annual territory planning to ensure efficient and effective sales and marketing activities are optimized and aligned with business goals and objectives.
The qualifications we seek:
- Experience and knowledge in the areas of customer service, business development, healthcare, or sales and marketing
- Education in respiratory therapy, nursing, Allied healthcare technology, marketing, business, or related fields would be an asset
- 3-5 years of sales experience (promoting healthcare services, pharmaceuticals, or healthcare products) considered an asset
- Experience with utilization of a Customer Relationship Management program for territory management considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Gmail and Google tools including Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Professional presentation, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A confident self-starter that takes initiative and can also work well within a team
- Ability to travel within the Northern BC Region on a regular basis
IRS is dedicated to compensating and supporting our employees by offering:
- Competitive wages
- Pension plan
- Support for work/life balance